Living Brave for Men Weekend Workshop
I invite you to join this Seattle weekend workshop based on the work of Dr. Brené Brown, led by myself and Cynthia Benge, MSW-LMHC.
Over the course of this workshop, we’ll help you:
- Gather with other men just like you who long for authentic connection. Who long to be seen and heard and understood, and yet feel trapped by the male stereotypes and cultural myths that strangle honest connection.
- Be better able to communicate your deepest desires and feelings to the people in your world.
- Find ways to let go of the struggle for perfection and let go of the feeling of “just not good enough” and translate that into a desire for excellence and feelings of worthiness.
- Find the ways to manage strong emotions and feelings and use them for information and indicators of your needs, rather than getting hijacked by them.
- Learn to communicate in honest ways with those you care for, and to be able to ask for what you need as well, in direct and clear ways.
- Learn to Rise Strong after struggle, disappointment and loss and use the knowledge you gained to help you find a resilient new beginning.
Full details of this workshop, and how to register, can all be found here »
It’s a safe and respectful gathering of a small group of like-minded men, just like you, who want to learn to be better at identifying their needs and wants and communicating those needs to the people most important to them.
It’s a psycho-educational program that will expose you to the work of Dr. Brené Brown and other practitioners on the subject of the male psyche and the cultural myths and stereotypes that have caused you to feel less connected and alone.
Fresh from the Blog
The A-B-S method is a simple 3 rule system for a healthy, happy relationship where partners feel safe, heard, and supported. It just takes having a keen interest in your partner and following these 3 simple rules. 1) Affirm, Affirm, Affirm! Affirm all emotion by...
What I have come to realize after a decade of practice, as a psychotherapist, is that the fundamental skills needed to be a solid father are not that different from the skills needed to be a good therapist. Learning how to raise up “good men,” and learning how to...
Love listens, it has no need to control It does not fix It listens with patience, with compassion, with curiosity, strength and courage It knows its own limits and knows when to hold, it holds, and let’s be... Love listens and knows that taking control steals from...
“You don’t have to change. You just have to become aware.”